Summer Internship Program at Universal McCann
UM’s Summer Internship Program is designed to provide college students with an opportunity to work closely with a mentor and experience real business situations in the advertising industry. Interns will gain exposure to the collaborative efforts of media outlets as well as participate in team-based summer-long projects.
Interns are also given a chance to attend in internal “Lunch & Learn” sessions, where they are provided valuable information and insight into the media industry through presentations given by seasoned employees. The internship program is a 10-week, full-time, paid opportunity in New York.
Our internship positions are designed to mimic full-time, entry, assistant level roles. In these roles, interns will gain first-hand knowledge of functional media services while building professional skills and general business acumen.
Examples of available internships include:
Media Planning Intern
- Collect, assemble and prepare research materials, such as, media kits and media cost estimates.
- Process approved media plans.
- Assist in tracking budgets.
- Develop and maintain planning/media flowcharts.
- Assist in the development and preparation of client presentations.
- Analytical skills are a plus for this internship.
Media Buying Intern
- Develop a working knowledge of client’s goals, guidelines and strategies.
- Revise/Maintain all schedules on a daily basis.
- Analyze and negotiate client scheduled moves and makegoods changes to TV schedules.
- Prepare stewardship of all buys and stay current with all research data.
- Recommend new ways of more efficiently managing and maintaining clients schedules and processes.
What Do We Look For?
- Candidates must be current juniors or seniors preferably studying media, marketing, advertising, or communications, though other majors will be considered.
- A strong and demonstrable interest in the media and marketing industry
- Previous internship experience and participation in relevant organizations is also preferred.
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, the ability to multi-task, proficiency in basic math and solid basic computer skills (specifically Excel and PowerPoint) are advantageous as well.
For Job Opportunities:
More about Universal McCann:
Are you “Curious?”
How often do you encounter a company that wants to know what makes you Curious? We’re a company that looks for the naturally “Curious” and fosters an environment where a Curious Mind leads to Surprising Results for our clients, our company, our team and your career.
We are Curious…
Universal McCann (UM) is a world leader in advertising communications, specializing in Media Planning and Buying services. UM is one of the world’s leading media services agencies, with 151 offices spread across 127 countries. Our marketing communications solutions assist a wide variety of clients, including Johnson & Johnson, Mastercard, Sony, ExxonMobil, BMW, L’Oreal, Chrysler, Burberry, and Dyson.
We are dedicated to delivering sustainable communications solutions through engagement innovation and accountable creativity. But regardless of how many accounts we service, how many innovations we instigate and how many awards we win, UM would be nowhere without its employees. We are a talent-based business and we cannot be competitive without a motivated and enthusiastic workforce of talented individuals.
On that note, we strive to recruit and retain team members who are Curious about the world around them, passionate about what they do and possess the highest level of integrity. UM’s goal is to become the most innovative and rewarded media communications partner around the world. To do so, we must foster a culture of Curiosity and drive the creation of ideas whose impact we can measure.