Comodo Group Incorporated, based in Jersey City is looking for a motivated Video Production Assistant/Editor for in-house video production department. Must have the ability to create stylized sequences from existing graphics, animation and video using Final Cut, Photoshop, and After Effects. Must work quickly from a rough script, bring creative ideas to the table,
work independently and demonstrate 100% reliability with rock solid references and experience.
The Video Production Assistant has primary responsibility to assist the Video Production Manager. The main assignments will consist of organizing projects and video footage, selecting takes, assembling timelines and rough cuts, assisting and syncing time codes, building graphics or work with pre-build custom graphics, screening music, web encoding, web video uploading and assisting on video shoots. It’s an entry level with room to grow creatively.
• Must be proficient with Final Cut, After Effects, Photoshop, Flash, and WordPress Web
• BFA/BA in Broadcasting Communications or related media
• Technical savvy – Willing to learn workflow with strong attention to detail
• Solid experience with various video compression techniques and color balancing
• Formatting video for Web uploads to our main website Comodo.TV, and our YouTube
channel using WordPress web design platform.
• Knowledge and experience with field and studio production
• Camera and shooting experience a plus
• Audio mixing experience
• Must be capable of working independently as well as part of a team, with enthusiasm and a great attitude.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also include any links to samples of your work/online editing or shooting reel. In the subject line include: “Video Production Assistant – Your Name.”