Porter Novelli is a global public relations leader that was founded in Washington, D.C., in 1972 based on the game-changing idea of applying marketing practices to communications aimed at public health and social issues. The Porter Novelli NY office is seeking candidates for the 2010 Summer Internship Program to support the Digital Communications Group.
The Internship Program
The program is designed to provide participants with the training and practical PR experience that will help them transfer their academic coursework into a potential career path.
Interns in this program act as fully integrated members of account teams and will be assigned a mentor for support, guidance and help in getting acclimated to the PR industry and business environment. The full-time, paid 10-week internship begins on June 1st.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Researching online communities and networks
- Managing content for existing Web sites
- Blog launches – configuration, content gathering, skinning
- Monitoring and reporting with Google Analytics, Radian6 and other tools
- Internal communications about ongoing trends and tool demos
- Helping to develop strategy for campaigns
- Providing support to the team as needed
- Attending brainstorm and professional development sessions
- Participation in a Summer Internship Group Project
- You must be an undergraduate student currently in your junior or senior year. A minimum GPA of 2.75 or higher preferred.
- Specialization or coursework in Web Design/ Development, Interactive Technology, or New Media
- Working knowledge of HTML, MS Office applications and Internet research. Experience with online metrics is a plus.
- Excellent writing and organizational skills are a must.
- The ideal candidate is creative, passionate, and analytical; is interested in the digital social media movement, has programming or design experience (including for the Web and/or mobile), understands the power of data-driven decisions, and is a team player.
- Previous internships or extracurricular activities are a plus.
To be considered for the summer internship with Porter Novelli’s Digital Communications group, please provide the following:
- Cover Letter and Resume: In your cover letter please include your GPA and describe why you would be an ideal candidate for the internship.
- Two (2) Work Samples: Provide link(s) to Web sites/ Web pages/ blogs that you have created or contributed to (note: briefly explain your contribution).
Application deadline is March 29, 2010
Interviewing will take place through April 12, 2010
Final decisions and offers will be extended by the third week in April.
Program Dates: June 1st – August 6th (10 weeks)
Selected candidates will be contacted by phone or e-mail for a phone interview. Top candidates will then be invited to meet with our hiring managers. All applicants must apply online. http://tbe.taleo.net/NA2/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=PORTERNOVELLI&cws=1&rid=308