About All Stars Helping Kids
All Stars Helping Kids was founded in 1989 by NFL Hall of Famer Ronnie Lott. Since then, All Stars has been a catalyst and vehicle for individuals and corporate partners to invest in the future of children and our community. The mission of All Stars Helping Kids is to promote a safe, healthy, rigorous learning environment for disadvantaged children in low-income communities. All Stars is unique in that we don’t simply write checks to the organizations we support. We develop close relationships with our grantees, serve as an active conduit for in-kind donations from our donors to these programs, and are involved with supporting their work in many ways.
Motivated by the idea that if you can do more you should, in 2006 All Stars launched a program to help athletes throughout the country give back to their communities. In addition to our Founder Ronnie Lott, our current roster of All Star Athletes includes NFL Hall of Famer Marcus Allen, the NFL’s All-time Leading Rusher, Emmitt Smith and NFL All-Pro Justin Tuck of the New York Giants. We intend to handle planning and operational efforts related to fundraising for up to 10 athletes over the course of the next three years.
The intern will be a key member in All Stars’ small New York office with responsibilities that include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in all aspects of operations of the New York office (procurement of athletes, corporate outreach, Regional Board management, community outreach program execution, etc.)
- Assisting with special events:
- coordinate mailings and sponsor follow-up
- on-site logistics
- Processing/Filing communication with donors, sponsors, grant-seekers
- Maintaining donor database
- Researching possible grantees, athletes’ foundations, etc.
- 10-15 hours week; flexible hours/days
- College degree or on track to complete
- Interest in learning about sports philanthropy
- Team player
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must possess laptop computer (optional)
- College credit
168 Fifth Avenue, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10010
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to Anika Dill at email@example.com All Stars Helping Kids is an equal opportunity employer.