Below is information on a recent job opening.
OMD ( http://www.omd.com ) is one of the largest and most innovative media communications specialists in the world, with more than 140 offices in 80 countries. Named Most Creative Agency in the World by The Gunn Report for Media for four consecutive years, OMD also had the distinction of being named 2008 Global Media Agency of the Year by Adweek. The agency network is a unit of Omnicom Media Group Inc.
Reports to: Strategist
The following are the responsibilities and duties of the Assistant Strategist. This is not an all-inclusive list and will vary by account assignment.
The Assistant Strategist’s main role is to work closely with Strategists in developing and maintaining media plans while absorbing as much media knowledge as possible.
Gather data to support the media recommendation
Utilize Brainbox and other research systems
Prepare purchase authorizations, coordinating input from the Investment group, the client media team, account team, and media sales teams
Assist in the execution of the media plan
Participate in brainstorming sessions
Update client media activity flowcharts
Assist with tracking media expenditures to ensure agency and client budget compliance
Collect data and assist in writing competitive reports
Attend the OMD Media Foundations Training program to learn:
– Media concepts and terminology
– Media fundamentals (media math, plan development, etc.)
– Application of Checkmate
– Media building blocks (television, radio, internet, etc.)
– Presentation skills
– Writing skills
– Business etiquette and ethics
Develop media knowledge base in preparation for media responsibilities
Attend internal and external meetings and presentations
Keep abreast of industry trends through advertising and media trade journals
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
Interest in the principles of advertising, marketing and media
Interest in the client’s industry and environment within which he operates
– Competency in mathematical concepts
– Ability to work as part of a team
– Exhibit fluency with MicroSoft Office
– Ability to learn Brainbox tools and software
– Comfort with agency accounting systems
– Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, and sometimes involved, written or oral instructions
– Ability to formulate solutions to media problems
Verbal/Written Communication Skills
– Ability to write clearly and concisely
– Ability to communicate and interact professionally
We are an equal opportunity employer.
If you are looking for a job or internship, forward your resume to Debi, firstname.lastname@example.org or JoyLynn, email@example.com, and they may be able to help you. 🙂