This is a genuine opportunity for a real marketing experience that will provide learning and skills for career development. Responsibilities will provide a full spectrum of Assistant Brand Management experiences including entry level grunt work to higher level analysis, thinking and execution. The CMO is a hands on executive who values energy, talent, creativity, and the will to work hard. This person will be exposed to all levels of brand marketing, included in meetings with other company personnel. The goal is to quickly acquire the skill and confidence to lead specific projects.
The CMO seeks a person who is on a path to receiving an under graduate marketing degree with one year to graduation or a recent graduate. Applicants should be prepared to share grade average and present a letter of recommendation from two professors and the previous summer’s employer.
This position requires a full 3 month commitment from May 15-August 15. Individuals with “thin skin” and a desire to only work 40 hours per week need not apply.
TORCH Alum contact us at the office if you are interested in applying.
Paying Summer Internship at a top Ad Agency for rising College Seniors and Recent Grads for Summer 2013
Don’t miss out on applying for an incredible internship in either the in the creative department and broadcast production department at a major Advertising Agency this summer in NYC. The internship runs from June 4th – August 9th – $400/week – Deadline to apply: End of March
If you are interested in applying for the Creative Department you will need to submit:
- Cover letter
- if you are interested in Art Direction: Portfolio (can be a link to view) and proficient in Adobe Suite
- if you are interested in Copywriting writing samples
If you are interested in applying for the Broadcast Production Department you will need to submit:
- Cover letter
- links if you’ve done any videos… can be link to view on YouTube
For full details: Contact Debi: email@example.com or Francis: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 212-929-9573
Lagrant Foundation Scholarship Program: $5,000 & Career Building Workshops with Industry Professionals in NY and/or Seattle
Scholarship winners will receive $5,000 (undergraduates), $10,000 (current graduate Students) and a trip to either New York or Seattle where they will participate in career building activities. This includes a welcome dinner with a keynote speaker, a day-long career development workshop and a scholarship recognition reception and awards program. During these activities, students will have the opportunity to meet industry professionals, network and gain exposure to the advertising, marketing and public relations world.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Undergraduate students (current freshmen, sophomores, juniors and non-graduating seniors ONLY) and graduate students
- Must be a member of one of the following ethnic groups: African American/Black, Asian American/Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latino or Native American/American Indian
- Must be a full-time student at a four-year, accredited institution, carrying a total of 12 units or more per semester/quarter
- Must have a minimum of 2.75 GPA for undergraduates & 3.2 GPA for graduate students
- Must major in a field of study that has an emphasis on public relations, marketing or advertising or must minor in communications with desire to pursue a career in public relations, marketing or advertising
- Must have at least one year to complete his/her degree from the time the scholarships are awarded
The deadline is February 28, 2013.
Interested in Television? Check this summer internship out!
The program gives college students in-depth exposure to professional television production during an eight-week summer period in Los Angeles.
Interns work closely with their hosts and designated supervisors in order to gain maximum overview of the work process in their category.
Past hosts include:
| Internship Categories Include:
For More Info Visit: http://www.emmysfoundation.org/internship-programs
Shadow Day Week 2013 is back and it’s open to all TORCH alumni! All shadow days will be scheduled between March 23rd and March 28th.
If you are a TORCH alum that is available and interested in having a shadow day please fill out this form (Click Here to Get Form) -> ShadowDayPreferences13 and e-mail it to Francis at Francis@thetorchprogram.org by Monday, February 11th, 2013.
Conferences are a great way to network and meet experts in your specific fields of interest. However, it is overwhelming and impossible to attend all the conferences scheduled throughout the year, and interact with everyone that attends them.
Below is a quick video from YoungEntrepreneur.com that brings up 3 of the best tips on getting the most out of a conference.
JWT’s distinctive ten-week paid summer internship program allows interns to work within departments across the agency. During their internship, interns will be able to experience real-life projects as well as experience life in an advertising agency.
Requirements and Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited university as a rising Senior
- Must be resourceful, innovative and focused
- Must be willing to embrace challenges with imagination and flair
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- A passion to make and discover new things
- Proven effective communication skills
- Solid relationship building and partnering skills
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced team environment
- Organization and follow-up skills
- Knowledge of social media a plus
- Must provide a portfolio or samples of work
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite is required
Application deadline is April 15, 2013.
For More Information visit www.jwt.com